Microwave Ovens Are Hazardous to Your Health
by Wayne Gendel
This is to the astonishing 90% of North Americans that have a microwave oven in their home or work place! Let alone virtually every restaurant has one or more!
What is interesting to note is that it is the only form of cooking/heating that heats from the inside out! Microwaves are radiation! Just like radio waves their pulses create friction and therefore heat.
The Soviet Union banned microwave ovens back in 1976. Every microwave oven leaks harmful radio waves! The discovery was that in anyone within 10 feet of a microwave oven they have measured cellular damage taking place.
How about this:
Blood transfusions must be warmed up to body temperature before it is intravenously injected into a human. In 1991 there was a lawsuit in Oklahoma in the use of a microwave oven to warm blood needed in a transfusion. Norma Levitt died when the blood she received had been warmed in a microwave oven!!! This tragedy makes it very apparent that there’s much more to “heating” with microwaves than we’ve been led to believe.
One short-term study found significant and disturbing changes in the blood of individuals consuming microwaved milk and vegetables. They measured hemoglobin levels decreased and overall white blood cell levels and cholesterol levels increased!
I have one study in my office on microwaved food where they found the food that caused the highest rise in cholesterol levels after consuming was… MICROWAVED VEGETABLES!
Microwaves alter the nutrition of food. It completely eliminates the second most important element in foods that makes foods digest and absorb all the vital nutrition – ENZYMES!
In 1991, a Lausanne University professor published a research paper indicating that food cooked in microwave ovens could pose a greater risk to health than food cooked by conventional means. An article also appeared in issue 19 of the Journal Franz Weber in which it was stated that the consumption of food cooked in microwave ovens had cancerous effects on the blood.
“Leukocytosis” (increase of leukocytes count in the blood) usually takes place when overcooked foods, devoid of enzymes are eaten. This is taken very seriously by hemotologists. This rise in white blood cells is often a sign of pathogenic effects on the living system, such as poisoning and cell damage. The increase of leukocytes with the microwaved foods was more pronounced than with all other types of food processing.
Microwaving also creates new compounds called “radiolytic” compounds, which are unusual fusions not found in nature. Radiolytic compounds are created by molecular decomposition – decay, as a direct result of radiation. Because of its uneven and damaging heating it is not recommended for heating baby’s formulas or mothers’ milk.
Here’s a list of some effects observed when using microwaves:
- Extremely short exposure of raw, cooked or frozen vegetables converted their plant hialkaloids into carcinogens.
- Carcinogenic free radicals were formed in microwaved plants, especially root vegetables with a decrease in nutritional value.
- The minerals in vegetables were altered into cancer-causing free radicals when cooked in microwave ovens. Russian researchers also reported a marked acceleration of structural degradation leading to a decreased food value of 60 to 90% in all foods tested. Among the changes observed were decreased bio-availability of vitamin B complex, vitamin C, vitamin E, essential minerals and lipotrophic factors in all foods tested.
- A long term cumulative loss of vital energies within humans, animals and plants that were located within a 500-meter radius of the operational equipment.
- Long lasting residual effects of magnetic “deposits” were located throughout the nervous system and lymphatic system.
- Unstable and interrupted production of hormones and maintenance of hormonal balance in women and men.
- Markedly higher levels of brainwave disturbance in the alpha, beta, and delta wave signal patterns of persons exposed to microwave emission fields.
- Because of this brainwave disturbance, negative psychological effects were noted, including loss of memory, decreased ability to concentrate, suppressed emotional threshold, decrease of mental processes and interruptive sleep episodes in a statistically higher percentage of individuals subjected to continual range emissive field effects of microwave apparatus, either in cooking devices or in transmission stations.
Truth Suppressed – But Vindicated!
As soon as Doctors Hertel and Blanc published their results, the authorities reacted. A powerful trade organization, the Swiss Association of Dealers for Electro-apparatuses for Households and Industry, known as FEA, struck swiftly in 1992. They forced the President of the Court of Seftigen, Canton of Bern, to issue a “gag order” against Drs. Hertel and Blanc. In March 1993, Dr. Hertel was convicted for “interfering with commerce” and prohibited from further publishing his results. However, Dr. Hertel stood his ground and fought this decision over the years.
Not long ago, this decision was reversed in a judgment delivered in Strasbourg, Austria, on August 25, 1998. The European Court of Human Rights held that there had been a violation of Hertel’s rights in the 1993 decision. The European Court of Human Rights also ruled that the “gag order” issued by the Swiss court in 1992 against Dr. Hertel, prohibiting him from declaring that microwave ovens are dangerous to human health, was contrary to the right to freedom of expression. In addition, Switzerland was ordered to pay Dr. Hertel compensation.
So have you unplugged and boxed up your microwave to be trashed yet? I choose to be the wiser 10% of the population that does not own or use a microwave.
In fact if you go to restaurants, you might consider requesting not to have any of your food microwaved! And request to sit farthest from the kitchen!
Hey, I am just here to inform you, so that you have a choice!
I am sticking to a good old fashioned stove and fire to make my foods. Come to think of it, I only steamed some vegetables 3 times and made rice 2 times last year! Ah, eating Raw is so simple!
|References:||Anthony Wayne and Lawrence Newell “THE HIDDEN HAZARDS OF MICROWAVE COOKING”, “The Proven Dangers of Microwaves” NEXUS Magazine, Volume 2, #25 (April-May ’95) and many more!|