Juicing For Super Health
There are many Raw Foodists with nutritional deficiencies. Tooth decay, low energy, hair loss, digestive problems, reduced life span, and other unfortunate consequences have been experienced by many of us with this supposedly “ideal” lifestyle.
I believe we need to both blend and juice to get the extra nutrients into our diet.
This is a great paragraph from “Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices” by Dr. Norman Walker the father of fresh juicing: “An entirely Raw Food regimen, without the inclusion of a sufficient quantity and variety of fresh-Raw juices is equally deficient as a cooked food diet. When we drink Raw vegetable juices…these are digested and assimilated within 10 to 15 minutes after we drink them and they are used almost entirely in the nourishment and regeneration of the cells and tissues, glands and organs of the body. In this case the result is obvious, as the entire process of digestion and assimilation is completed with a maximum degree of speed and efficiency, and with a minimum of effort on the part of the digestive system.
- The body was only designed to digest 2-3 meals a day and 1-2 light snacks.
- Juicing is ideal in-between meals. It takes on average 4 hours to digest a meal. Longer if it is cooked food!
- It is not logical to eat 10 pounds of fruit or veggies, . BUT you can JUICE them!
- Juicing is super concentrated nutrition. It is the #1 superfood!
- Liquids digest in a matter of minutes. Foods take ours.
- Concentrated juices digest in minutes and are loaded with all nutrition of a fruit or vegetable or plants or herbs.
- Juicing boosts your immune system immediately! Juice therapy is used by the worlds foremost health and healing centers.
- Norman Walker lived until 118 years old. Jay Kordich The Juiceman is in his mid 80’s and looks like his late 50’s! Brian Clement is in his 60’s and looks late 40’s. Gabriel Cousens is his mid 60’s and looks mid 40’s. Common factor – they all drink fresh squeezed juice!
- Today’s foods are lower in nutrition than 50 years ago. Juicing is the ultimate enzyme rich ‘supplement’
- Fast quick energy food for those on the run
- Juice ‘fasting’ is a great way to cleanse and detox without denying the body food or nutrients
- Juice ‘feasting’ is enough juice to maintain your normal caloric intake but still cleanse the body.
- Bottle juice is ‘dead’ juice. The lack of enzymes means you are ingesting concentrated sugar. BAD!
- What you don’t eat, don’t juice! You don’t eat apples seeds, so don’t juice them. You do not eat the outside of a melon. So do NOT juice it. (apple seeds contain cyanide)
- Adding ¼ – ½ of a lemon or lime helps cut the bitterness of greens and assists in preserving juices.
- Drink fresh juices ideally within 10 minutes if using for overcoming a serious health challenge such as cancer. Hydrogen is the strongest antioxidant we know but depletes within 10 minutes after freshly squeezed. For general use consume fresh juices within 24 hours.
- Twin gear juicers are best for greens yielding 30-200% more yield depending on the greens. Ideally a centrifugal juicer is also needed and faster on the harder vegetables.
- 2 Fresh juices daily is a good amount to ensure extra nutrition to your healthy diet.